Workshops or Classes
TREⓇ & Yoga Pop Up Classes
Sunday, February 16th, 3:00-4:30 pm
Saturday, April 4th, 1:00-2:30 pm
Who can attend a TREⓇ & Yoga Pop Up Class?
* These classes are open to people who have attended a TREⓇ introductory session (either a private session or an introductory workshop) and/or those who have attended my Yoga for Anxiety series. Email me if you have any questions about this at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* This is an excellent way to “co-regulate” your experience with a group, and a more cost effective way to receive support from a certified TREⓇ provider.
* Classes are supportive for those who want to deepen their experience with their tremors or to explore ways of encouraging tremors throughout the body (think props, foam rollers and balls, essential oils and hands on interventions).
* Classes provide the opportunity for individuals to ask questions, to share experiences, and support the development of a TREⓇ community.
* Those new to TREⓇ are encouraged to attend my TREⓇ & Yoga workshop, or meet for a private session(s) to learn the method.
What should I expect?
After a brief introduction and check in I will guide you through a yoga centering comprised of the resourcing and self regulation skills you might bring to your tremor experience (orienting, grounding, breath (pranayama), and sounding (mantra)). I will guide you through a series of poses (asana) that you can access in ways that might best support your personal tremor. Then we’ll play with TREⓇ! There will be many options, choice points and opportunities for you to customize your experience and explore the possibilities for healing, balance, and a felt sense of freedom and ease that TREⓇ can bring to your body and mind. We’ll finish with a final resting pose (savasana, restorative, or yoga nidra) to integrate your experience. Partner share and group questions complete our time together.
Class size is limited to 12 participants, so pre-registration is essential. Class punchcards are not able to be used for this class. The fee for this class is $25.
TRE® & Yoga Workshop
Saturday, March 21st, 1:00-3:30 pm
This practice combines yoga & TRE® which stimulates the body’s natural, therapeutic shaking response. This shaking response in humans, much the same as the instinctual shaking in animals (read: dog in a thunderstorm), is the nervous system’s way of discharging long-held tension, or unconscious muscle contractions held in the body (sometimes as a result of accumulated stress, trauma, injury, surgery, or habitual contraction patterns/poor posture) in order to restore the body to a felt sense of wholeness. When the nervous system identifies threat, vibration or shaking in the body is designed to occur automatically. However, negative social constructs and beliefs around what it means to allow ourselves to shake, tremor, or show vulnerability, condition us out of this innate release mechanism at a very early age. TRE® reawakens our body’s intrinsic release mechanism for optimal health.
TRE® & Yoga is a simple, gentle and profound practice that facilitates the lengthening and relaxation of the psoas muscle and the release of physical and emotional stress and tension. During this TRE® & Yoga workshop, you will learn about the stress response, polyvagal theory and how yoga and TRE can support a healthy nervous system. I will then guide you through a series of exercises and yoga postures designed to elicit the tremor response. TRE is intended to be used as a self-help method that is easily learned, has immediate effects and can be integrated into a simple daily routine to help restore a sense of inner-peace and relaxation. This method is based on Dr. David Berceli’s technique of Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises® (TRE®).
Pre registration required. Space is limited. Please register your email for pre-class communications from the instructor.